This morning I was at San Diego News 6 TV studio to do a cooking demonstration. Since I had only 5 minutes I decided to make mini quiches. As you know three ingredients are necessary for quiches: pie crust, savory custard and fillings of your choice.
You can see my demonstration “on air” click on the link below. I also added the recipe at the end.
Enjoy et Bon Appetit mes amis
Small -Individual quiches
- 1 homemade or store-bought pie crust or puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup grated gruyère or swiss cheese or any hard cheese you like
- 1 cup milk ( 1 % or 2%)
- ½ cup whipping cream, crème fraiche
- 3 eggs
- pinch salt & pepper
Choice of Fillings
1 cup shitaake mushrooms or white mushrooms cut in small pieces, cooked
1 cup zucchini, grated, cooked
1 cup onion, diced, cooked
1 cup leek, sliced, cooked
1 cup tomato, diced
1 cup ham, diced, cooked
½ cup goat cheese crumbled
1 cup bell pepper, diced. cooked
1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs basil, or parsley or blend
- . Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a medium bowl mix the eggs with milk, then add the crème fraiche or whipping cream with the salt and pepper.
3. Cut the pie crust in four and cover each mini-pie pan, press it all around, trim the edge.
4. On each pie crust place choice of filling: mushroom. Leeks, ham….
5. Pour the egg/cream mixture onto each tart up to ¾
6. Sprinkle cheese on top
7.Bake for 30 minutes until egg is set and crust is golden.
Notes: Can be eaten warm, at room temperature or cold.
Can be frozen, then thawed and reheated in the microwave
Can use a 9″ deep pie pan. Need to be baked longer 45-60 minutes